From: Jason Hlozek (jason.hlozek_at_live.co.za)
Date: Thu Sep 02 2021 - 07:29:11 CDT

Hi

I'm trying to render an overlaid view of multiple ligands in the same protein pocket (i.e. a very busy scene).
If I go above 2-3 protein/ligand pairs in the scene, then VMD still writes the scene file and calls Tachyon as usual but after a few seconds of processing, instead of proceeding to the completion % bar, Tachyon instead just ends with VMD saying the render is complete even though it didn't run. The same thing happens if I try to call tachyon from the command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\University of Illinois\VMD> .\tachyon_WIN32.exe +V "C:\Users\user-pc\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\University of Illinois\VMD\mmpl3_overlay_test"
Tachyon Parallel/Multiprocessor Ray Tracer Version 0.99.1
Copyright 1994-2014, John E. Stone <john.stone_at_gmail.com>
C:\Program Files (x86)\University of Illinois\VMD>"

I thought it might be timing out and tried increasing the windows Timeout Detection and Recovery (TDR) registry variables as well as disabling them but it made no difference.
Any suggestions please?

Kind regards
Jason