From: Prateek Bansal (bansalprateek97_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2021 - 10:21:48 CDT

Hello VMD Community,

I am trying to use VMD to visualize a membrane protein. I have output from
the HOLE2 program which lets me visualize the tunnel inside it. To
visualize the tunnel better, I use a surf representation of the protein and
make a new material with lesser opacity. When I try to render it using
Tachyon/Tachyon Internal, VMD stops responding and I have to end up closing
it. Rendering works when the material is one of the default ones (Opaque,
for e.g.). Any insights would be appreciated.

I am using MacOS 10.15 (Catalina) and VMD 1.9.4a51.

Prateek