From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2021 - 14:55:03 CDT

Hi Raman,

Whatever atomselection you use for exporting can also be used for writing a psf. For instance:

set nowat [atomselect top “not water”]
$nowat writepsf nowat.psf
animate write dcd nowat.dcd waitfor -1 sel $nowat

Will take a loaded trajectory (specifically the top one), and write a new psf and dcd file with only the atoms that match the selection.

-Josh