From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2021 - 08:54:20 CDT

The solvation will not know what your system contains. So it will solvate
in all directions.

What you can do is to use VMD select command and select and then delete all
solvent molecules that are not needed. Alternatively you can select
everything except the unwanted solvent molecules and write that out.