From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 30 2004 - 11:18:25 CDT

Vlad,
  The short answers are that VMD doesn't have a plugin for reading
Gaussian03 output yet, and we aren't planning on adding editing features
to VMD in the short-term future, though you might see more of this coming
in subsequent releases. You can add and delete bonds in VMD interactively,
but there isn't a way to add/delete atoms currently, other than writing
out a new structure file from a given atom selection and reloading that
as a new structure, for example. For structure creation, you can use
psfgen, but if you're looking for a graphical molecule builder, that's
not something that VMD does yet.