From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 05:37:28 CDT

Hi,

  I am currently using the VRML2 export of VMD - which works very well BTW -
and have slight problems of getting a "usable" viewpoint in VRML. As I see
it, VMD does not export any viewpoint / camera / lighting information. In
my system, the VRML export is completely off screen and it is quite difficult
to get it back into view.
I have managed via dune (VRML editor) to find a viewpoint such that I can
at least initially see my scene, but navigation is weird (probably because
the origin is very different from the molecule's center).

  Is there a way to "export" somehow VMD's viewpoint into VRML ? In particular
wrt rotation etc that would be useful.

Thanks in advance,
  Marc Baaden

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.marc-baaden.de