From: Patrick Osmer (posmer_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 09 2021 - 14:29:00 CDT

Dear VMD support,

I have recently installed VMD 1.9.4a48-Catalina-Rev7 onto a MacBook Pro
16-in running MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. It seemed to be running fine until I
tried to use the Automatic PSF Builder, which failed to complete the “I’m
feeling lucky” task and left VMD non-responsive. Is this a known problem?

The task has always worked fine for me with VMD 1.9.3, and it also worked
on a MacBook Air running VMD 1.9.4a51-arm64.Rev9 on macOS Big Sur 11.2.3.
I’ll appreciate any help or suggestions for fixing the problem.

(By the way, pushing the “full-screen” button for the OpenGL Display
crashes VMD 1.9.4, both on the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.)

Thanks,

Patrick Osmer

Professor Emeritus

The Ohio State University