From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Sun May 02 2021 - 13:10:50 CDT

Dear all,

I am trying to render a very complicated scene in VMD (1.9.4a51) with
shadows and ambient occlusion on. The scene contains many simulation
frames superimposed with a number of high resolution representations ...
Tachyon creates a scene description file that is 25 GB large but it
fails to produce the targa file although it says "rendering complete"
and no error message is given.  With povray, the ".pov" file is huge (56
GB) and the targa image is also not produced.

Can anyone give me any advice on how to best render such a complicated
scene into a high resolution image ?

Thanks

Best wishes
Vlad