From: Chintapalli, Sree vamsee (SVChintapalli_at_uams.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 15 2021 - 12:08:04 CDT

Hi,

I am trying to compile vmd from source code on Ubuntu 20.04.

However, during the make command, it gave me an error for not able to find "libmolfile_plugin.h".

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

echo "Compiling " PluginMgr.C " --> " PluginMgr.o " ..."; \
g++ -m64 -fno-for-scope -Wno-deprecated -Wall -O6 -ffast-math -DARCH_LINUXAMD64 -DVMDQUICKSURF -DVMDWITHCARBS -DVMDPOLYHEDRA -DVMDSURF -DVMDMSMS -DVMDNANOSHAPER -DVMDSTATICPLUGINS -I../plugins/include -I../plugins/LINUXAMD64/molfile -I. -c PluginMgr.C -o ../LINUXAMD64/PluginMgr.o
Compiling PluginMgr.C --> PluginMgr.o ...
PluginMgr.C:34:10: fatal error: libmolfile_plugin.h: No such file or directory
   34 | #include "libmolfile_plugin.h"
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:405: PluginMgr.o] Error 1

?
Looking forward for your help.

Regards,
Sree Chintapalli