From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 07 2021 - 14:59:25 CDT

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 3:22 PM Ali Osman Acar <aliosmanacar1897_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Karteek,
>
> I'm using NAMD and this is how I load a traj file (DCD) with its structure
> file in scripts.
> *mol load psf $psf_file dcd $dcd_file*
> According to the link below, it seems like VMD doesn't natively understand
> lammps traj files. So you can convert your traj file
> one of the supported formats given in the link and load them as above.
> https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.7.1/ug/node21.html

that link is about a VMD version from 20 (twenty!) years ago.
current VMD does load lammps dump files just fine with the extension
.lammpstrj just fine.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!uL8s_tdUwMRTx_TFM4F44O2rzLT6UJhcN3y-5g36DDbroUEyQRiylkUC2Ga31mFIrQ$