From: Gumbart, JC (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 22 2021 - 22:48:09 CDT

Hi Daniel,

I inquired within the group, and the consensus is that there are multiple ways to approach it and that it doesn’t necessarily matter which way you go. If you can’t run the full scan, that’s fine! Just do, say, +/-90 deg., or even +/-60 deg. Any state with really high energy ( > 8-10 kcal/mol) is irrelevant anyway. The goal is just to generate conformations that are likely to be accessible in a typical MD simulations. If you do multiple scans, just make sure there aren’t duplicated conformations that would over-weight them.

Best,
JC