From: Lubos Vrbka (shnek_at_tiscali.cz)
Date: Thu Aug 26 2004 - 04:28:53 CDT

dear john,

you probably recall my previous attempt to build VMD on my NetBSD box. i
was not very succesful (at the very end i had problems with pthreads),
but went back to it now. i also have new
version of NetBSD with beter pthreads support installed...

i checked out the newest sources, made a slight modification to the
Make-arch (basically adding the support for NetBSD) and tried to run it with
make NETBSD TCLINC=/usr/pkg/include TCLLIB=/usr/pkg/lib
but i immediately get
Building Molecule File Reader plugins
make: don't know how to make cpmdplugin.c. Stop

make stopped in .../plugins/molfile_plugin
cd: can't cd to psfgen
cd: can't cd tp autoimd
*** Error code 2

i also tried using gmake, but there firstly i can see many lines with
gmake[2]: Entering directory .... plugins/something
gmake[2]: Nothing to be done for dynliba

then it proceeds with compilation of Molecule File Reader Plugins, but after
gcc -02 -Wall ... cpmdplugin.o
i get following line
o ../compile/lib_NETBSD/molfile/cpmdplugin.so
../compile/lib..../cpmdplugin.o
gmake[2]: o: command not found
and it goes on. later i can see the errors with psfgen and autoimd
cd: can't cd to psfgen
cd: can't cd tp autoimd
and it crashes with another error:
gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations

is there something very basic i'm missing here? i tried to compile again
the old version of plugins that compiled ok last time, but got very
similar result - so i don't know what's going on...

do you have any hint? thanks for your help. best regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"