From: René Hafner TUK (hamburge_at_physik.uni-kl.de)
Date: Sat Mar 06 2021 - 10:14:12 CST

Hi Giacomo,

     I got LEPTON working but the not VMD GUI compilation.

             * I forgot to include lepton into VMDs "./configure TK TCL
.. LEPTON"  - *though this part is resolved now*

     I can successfully compile without FLTK but not with FLTK.

Here is the error log after

`./configure LINUXAMD64 OPENGL  FLTK TK TCL PTHREADS  COLVARS LEPTON

cd src

make

...compiliing stuff....

Linking  vmd_LINUXAMD64 ...
Stride.o: In function `ss_from_stride(DrawMolecule*)':
Stride.C:(.text+0x35f): warning: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous,
better use `mkstemp'
/usr/bin/ld: ../lib/fltk/LINUXAMD64/libfltk.a(Fl_Double_Window.o):
undefined reference to symbol 'XdbeAllocateBackBufferName'
//usr/lib64/libXext.so.6: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command
line
make: *** [vmd_LINUXAMD64] Error 1

`

I tried multiple version of FLTK by now:

* 1.0.11

*1.3.4-2

* 1.3.5

and installed them as describe in VMDSourceDIR/lib/fltk/README.

the error still persists.

Which version are you and it does working with in general?

Kind regards

René

Dipl.-Phys. René Hafner
TU Kaiserslautern