From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 03 2021 - 13:07:03 CST

please note that the "pbc" commands are Tcl script commands and not
something that is accessible via the regular default setting options in VMD.

your best option would probably be to write a custom function to turn this
graphics on (and with the desired setting) and then connect that with a Tcl
callback
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/vmd-1.9.3/ug/node159.html
you probably also what to delete the custom graphics when the molecule is
deleted and thus have a second function connected to the corresponding
other callback.

axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!p90y8_Fo8WwH5ilgUzAzB7sM8LKUVOzQVoO07nkueXunMHz3xB6OcKQgcOuz9SUn6A$