From: Osmany Guirola Cruz (osmany.guirola_at_cigb.edu.cu)
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 09:36:35 CDT

Hi Stephen
 I work with VMD and i am very happy because exist a port of VMD , "i run vmd
in freebsd "5.2 Release" using linux binary emulation ...now i have 4.10
STABLE and the emulation does not work" but now with the port :-) I am
trying to compile it in my 4.10 STABLE and the installation give these errors
when i do make

Linking vmd_FREEBSD ...
/usr/local/lib/libpython2.3.so: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely;
consider using mkstemp()
Stride.o: In function `ss_from_stride(DrawMolecule *)':
Stride.o(.text+0x546): warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely; consider
using mkstemp()
OpenGLExtensions.o: In function `OpenGLExtensions::find_extensions(void)':
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0x5cd): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0x8a9): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0x8bc): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0x9c5): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0xac9): undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddress'
OpenGLExtensions.o(.text+0xadc): more undefined references to
`glXGetProcAddress' follow
gmake: *** [vmd_FREEBSD] Error 1
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/science/vmd.

How can i solve these error ............. it's very important to me use vmd
because i work in bioinformatic and use FreeBSD

Thanks