From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 15:35:03 CDT

Just FYI,
  Those of you thinking about upgrading to XP SP2 should
first check to make sure there aren't any known problems with
your video driver. One of the guys here in our lab updated his
laptop and until he got a new video driver, none of his OpenGL
programs (VMD included) ran correctly. He was lucky that a new
driver had already been released. I'd suggest anyone considering
doing the SP2 patch to check into the availability of SP2-certified
video drivers before doing the update, just to be safe.