From: Nathan Kern (nathan.kern_at_lehigh.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 13 2020 - 11:29:51 CDT

Hello Soumik,

I don't know if VMD can render with a white background, however with other
image editing tools, you should be able to convert the background to alpha.

E.g., in GIMP, there is the option "Colors > Color to Alpha". If you render
with a white background then use Color to Alpha (with white as the color)
this can achieve the same effect. I assume there are other editors that
have a similar function.

Nathan