From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 17:48:04 CDT

Prasad,
  Besides the "source" command, one typically also has to run additional
commands in order to activate the newly loaded script. Many scripts
only have procedures and to make them do anything you have to type
additional commands. If you don't get any errors when you source the
script, then it's likely that the script just needs more commands to do
any useful work.