From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 14:33:35 CDT

Daniel,
  I've attached a draft of the VMD README file for 1.8.3, which is only
partially complete. The items on the list presently are things that
have already been finished. Regarding a ship date for beta or final
versions of VMD 1.8.3, my original plan had been to release VMD 1.8.3
in mid-August, but due to significant interruptions in our network and
unavailabilty of 70% of my compile boxes for the last 6 weeks, I it now
looks like the date is going to be several weeks later than I had planned.
I hope to have something resembling a "beta 1" in the next two weeks,
though I can only compile on Linux (x86), MacOS X, Solaris (32/64),
and Windows at present. It will likely be several more weeks before I can
compile or test on AIX, HP-UX, IRIX (32/64), Linux (AMD64), or Tru64 (alpha).
I hope to get Linux/AMD64 building again before I release any beta version.

If you're anxious to get a copy of the current builds or source, I
can post something for you if what I've got is sufficient for your needs.

  John

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 10:36:52AM -0400, Daniel B. Faken wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a list of new features in VMD 1.8.3? (I looked at the
> "VMD revisions by date", but its not easy to pull out major new features)
> Also, any thoughts on when a beta version, or full release, might be put
> out?
>
> thanks,
> Daniel

  • text/plain attachment: README