From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 17:54:11 CDT

Hi,
  When you run Tachyon yourself, make sure that you use the same
command line options that VMD sends it (look in the render window
to see the full command line VMD executes). The option that prevents
shadows is "-mediumshade". I assume you've already seen that you can
crank up the resolution in the Tachyon .dat files VMD produces yes?
If you need more help let me know.