From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 14:03:00 CDT

Hi,
  The GLXBadLargeRequest error usually occurs when you're
remotely displaying a 64-bit VMD session to a 32-bit implementation
of OpenGL, at least in my experience. I've seen it occur on
SGI systems before under certain rare circumstances as well, but
it is not the normal case. What type of machine are you running
VMD on, and are you displaying to the same machine or to a different
machine?