From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 11:01:54 CDT

Lance,
  What version of VMD are you running, and on which platform?
How much memory does your computer have? You should have at least
as much _free_ memory as the size of the trajectory file you're
going to analyze if you want VMD to perform very well. If you're
using an old version of VMD you may have encountered a memory leak,
but hopefully not, more likely it is an issue of how much free memory
you've got. You asked about how to 'reset' TkCon, can you be more
specific about what you want to do to it?