From: Olaf Lenz (olenz_at_Physik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 09:07:36 CDT

Hello!

John Stone wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer, that combined with some items people sent
> me tonight should make it possible to add a new rep for drawing
> ellipsoids when the appropriate data is present. In order to do this
> I'll have to add new data fields to the plugin interface however, so
> I'll probably hold off a few weeks before starting on this since I
> have other things going on presently. I may add a new
> 'graphics'/'draw' command for ellipsoids first and do the PDB reader
> updates after a simple Tcl-based proof-of-concept has been tried out first.

It may happen that ellipsoid are only the start of the story. I for my part
would also like to see cylinders, for example, and one could also think of other
objects.

Maybe it is possible to provide a plugin interface that enables the user to
create the own representation? I could also think of a generic "user"
representation where a user could provide a Tcl "graphics" command to actually
draw the object.

I'd also be willing to contribute to this, but I don't know if this is possible.

Just my thoughts....

Olaf