From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jul 12 2004 - 10:10:04 CDT

Ramesh,
  There isn't an easy way to do this with the currently available
versions of VMD, but depending on what you're going for, I'd imagine
that there must be programs around that'll calculate TPSA:
  http://www.daylight.com/meetings/emug00/Ertl/

One should in principle be able to perform this type of calculation via
the new "measure sasa" command found in the developmental version of
VMD 1.8.3, but the currently available versions don't have this command yet.