From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 17:16:57 CDT

Dear Mihaela,
  The vmdmovie.txt script has been replaced by a new
vmdmovie plugin which is more tightly integrated into
the new versions of VMD. The "VideoMach" window is used
on the Windows versions of VMD. It is a separate software
program you must download in order to make MPEG files on Windows.

If you're still running VMD 1.8.1, I'd recommend that you consider
upgrading to VMD 1.8.2 next week sometime once our web site is
restored to normal function. (Downloads are currently
still disabled as a result of some network changes this week).
VMD 1.8.2 includes a built-in vmdmovie plugin which should
be easier to work with than the previous versions.

Another possibility would be to use the latest vmdmovie
plugin with your VMD 1.8.1 version, which I may be able to
help you with when I return from an NIH advisory board meeting
next week. I'll be back on July 6th.

I plan to release a newer 'vmdmovie' plugin which is updated
to use the latest version of VideoMach, and which is more resilient
with programs being located in unusual places. I'll write more
about this when I return next week.

Thanks,