From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 15:11:03 CDT

Dear Randall,
  Unless you've chosen a grid resolution with an odd number of sample
points, and the grid is precisely centered, the result you mention would
not be surprising, since the grid points and thus the borders of the
volume would not be concentric with the sphere you generated density
values from. I assume you're using VMD 1.8.2? Are you using the latest
version of the plugins, or an older version? (we fixed a bug in the PLT
plugin a while back, as I recall)

Thanks,