From: Nick Palmer (tuf90798_at_temple.edu)
Date: Wed May 23 2018 - 10:28:53 CDT

Hello,

I am fairly new to VMD and NAMD and I was wondering if it was possible to
get the kinetic energy or the velocity of a group of residues, say an alpha
helix, at every frame of a simulation. I have tried writing the velocities
for each individual atom of the structure every frame with {vx vy vz} which
only outputted values of 0, and recently tried getting the velocity of the
whole structure by measuring the center and getting the velocity out of
that, which did not work as well. I am a bit lost and any help would be
much appreciated. Thank you very much!

--
Nicholas J. Palmer