From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_umich.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2017 - 07:25:16 CST

I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem to make sense:
" If chain A and chain B do not both have residues with this name, input
"chain A" in selection 1 and "chain B" in selection 2 should get same error
message as
when input "chain A and resname 711" in selection 1 and "chain B and
resname 711". "

Why would that be? If chain A and chain B each have many atoms, but none
are resname 711 (which is a very odd residue name), then you would get
normal results for the first case, but things would not work for the
second. Perhaps you could double check what the chain names are for all of
the residues in your system? Perhaps
set sel [atomselect top all]
lsort -unique [$sel get {chain resname resid}]