From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 15:46:26 CDT

Hi,
  You can read the coordinates of a loaded trajectory out of VMD using
simple Tcl scripting. This would allow you to write the coordinates to a
text file that would be more easily processed by your own code, or do whatever
you like with them. You'd do this using the "$sel get {x y z}" operations
one would use with the result of an 'atomselect' command. All of that is
mentioned in the User's Guide. We will be posting an energy evaluation
script/plugin written by Jan Saam soon, it may also help solve your problem.
I'll announce to VMD-L when it is posted for download.

  John