From: Satyaki Chatterjee (satyaki.chatterjee29_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2017 - 11:41:45 CDT

Hello,
         I am currently working on mutating residues (by site directed
mutagenesis) to cysteine in a membrane protein such that I can probe the
local environment by attaching the fluorescent probe IANBD to the
cysteines. In lieu of this matter I would like to find out a method in VMD
to attach N,N'-Dimethyl-N-(Iodoacetyl)-N'-(7-Nitrobenz-2-Oxa-1,3-Diazol-4-yl)Ethylenediamine
(IANBD) to these cysteine mutated residues. The reaction chemistry
generally involves a thioether linkage when the iodoacetamide group reacts
with the thiol group of the free cysteine.

Thank you for your help,
Satyaki Chatterjee