From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2017 - 06:04:53 CDT

start vmd
load 1bna into vmd

use the following commands

set only_Phosphates [atomselect top "name P"]
$only_Phosphates writepdb phosphate_only.pdb

this will make a new pdb file called phosphate_only,pdb and inside it you
will only have phosphate atoms.

This command

*set only_Phosphates [atomselect top "name P"]*

will select all phosphates which have atom names "*P*" which is usually the
case with DNA molecules.

Hope this helps.

--
Best,