From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 10:33:10 CDT

Hi,
The NAMD force units are the same for IMD, SMD, constant forces,
and the Tcl forces interfaces implemented in NAMD:
  Kcal per Mol per Angstrom.

There's some information on this in the NAMD User's Guide, though
the section on IMD doesn't say this specifically:
  http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/current/ug/node32.html

Enjoy,