From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 14:13:31 CDT

Olga,
  Copying and pasting behavior depends on your windowing system,
but I'm assuming that since you're on Linux and appear to be using
XFree86, that you're getting a normal xterm, in which case the
copy/paste feature is engaged by highlighting text with the mouse,
then pressing the middle mouse button in a different terminal
window to paste it. Some apps/window managers have extra copy/paste
menu items however.

Regarding the performance issues you're having:
  The root of your problem is that you're not getting hardware
accelerated graphics at all presently. VMD 1.8.1 was more tolerant
of software renderers than VMD 1.8.2 is. With a small amount of effort,
you should be able to get your machine running with hardware acceleration,
and VMD will run 20 to 50 times faster than it ever has before on your
particular machine. That's the real solution to your problem. From the
information you've emailed previously, it just appears that you have some
minor video card configuration problems and that solving them will give
you a TREMENDOUS speed boost. You'll be amazed how much faster VMD will
run once you fix the video driver misconfiguration problem on your
machine.

Thanks,