From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2017 - 07:12:54 CST

I think if I understand you correctly -- you are working on windows. The
error is a read write error. It will not effect your output files. The
problem has nothing to do with patches that you are mentioning - if that is
what you are mentioning -- the error is because VMD by default installs in
the same drive which is occupied with the windows OS. This stops it from
reading and writing files.

Solution to this should be ::

1) either run VMD as an administrator (by right clicking on the executable
file and selecting Run as administrator)
2) Install VMD somehwere else where you have read write access (e.g some
other drive or your Desktop or something)

I hope I understood your problem -- and this works and if it doesn't write
back.

--
Best,
/A