From: Eric Smoll (ericsmoll_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 31 2016 - 13:52:43 CDT

Hello VMD community,

VMD representations of chemical systems in with a style like VDW shows
complex shading. This shading is dependent on the lighting scheme and shows
the curvature of each atomic sphere. I am interested in generating an image
with no shading. If the system contains two types of atoms coloured red and
blue, the image should only contain pure red and pure blue at any viewing
angle. I want an image with no contrast between atoms of the same type.

Can this be done in VMD? If not, does anyone know of a visualization tool
that might be able to accomplish this?

Best,
Eric