From: Vlad Cojocaru (vlad.cojocaru_at_mpi-muenster.mpg.de)
Date: Wed Jul 13 2016 - 05:06:23 CDT

Dear VMDers,

I am wondering if anybody had experienced the following problem when
doing 3d viewing with Nvidia 3d vision. If yes, I'd appreciate any
thoughts on whether it can be fixed. Here is the issue:

I bought a new monitor (ASUS 27'' - model VG278HE) which is connected to
a Quadro K4000 graphics card with a direct DVI-D cable. In addition I
have a Samsung SyncMaster that is connected via a DVI-DP adapter. I have
a stereo bracket connected to the graphics card.

When I switch stereo on in VMD (using option Stereo 10 in xorg.conf), I
get very good viewing on the Samsung with no problems whatsoever.
However, on the new ASUS screen the VMD window turns black at defined
intervals. It comes back but it then turns black again and it goes on
like this. I tried reverting the connections for the 2 monitors, but the
same issue.

No issue under windows and I have not tested other applications than VMD
under linux.

Further details: I have VMD 1.9.2 (with Stereo-QuadBufferred on) on
openSUSE 42, NVIDIA driver 367.27)

Best wishes
Vlad

--
Dr. Vlad Cojocaru
Computational Structural Biology Laboratory