From: Jim Phillips (jim_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 11:04:31 CDT

Hi,

Trying to build a PSF file too is overkill if you just want a PDB. If you
just want to display them together, then VMD isn't picky about the atom
numbers in the PDB file and you can just do this (in a unix shell):

  cat alanin.pdb brH.pdb | grep '^ATOM' > /tmp/cat.pdb

If you need to distinguish between the different input files, then use VMD
to set the chain, occupancy, beta, or whatever field and write out new PDB
files before pasting them together as above.

-Jim