From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 00:26:28 CDT

Dallas,
  The "MSAA" stands for multisample antialiasing, and the number in
parenthesis indicates the maximum number of samples the video card can
take per-pixel, though precise meaning of this number is implementation
dependent and may vary with the size of the graphics window. Thanks for
the info on your setup, I'll upgrade my FireGL X1 drivers and see if my
machine starts exhibiting the behavior you describe or not.