From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 15:41:39 CDT

Andrew,
  Normally, you would want to use the source command to execute
the script. If the script isn't in the same directory as your
current VMD working directory, then you'd specify the full or
relative path to the file with the source command, such as:
  source foo.txt
  source ../../scripts/foo.tcl
  source /some/directory/foo.vmd

Hope that answers your question,