From: Eamon Caddigan (eamon_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 21 2004 - 10:24:16 CDT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Dallas Warren wrote:

> I have just been changing the Near and Far Clip to chop out some things
> that I don't want to see. Then when I render it, the image contains the
> things that are chopped out in the display window. Is it meant to happen
> like that?

The near and far clipping planes affect only the OpenGL display,
therefore only the Snapshot renderer will use them. The POV3 renderer
supports clipping planes created with the "mol clipplane" command, but
only in CVS.

I believe there are plans to add clipplane support to the other file
renderers in the near future.

-Eamon