From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2016 - 12:24:58 CST

Soumya,

There is no absolute threshold below which the results are satisfactory. The objective function does not take into account the number of terms that are included in the optimization; therefore, the objective function is much more likely to be larger for optimizations that contain more terms than for those that contain very few terms. Typically, I run iterative downhill optimizations (changing my output LOG filename) until the objective value no longer decreases.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne