From: Davit Hakobyan (davhak_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 01 2016 - 14:11:45 CST

Thanks a lot for all suggestions.

I am trying to use catDCD with the following arguments:

catdcd.exe -o out.dcd -first 1 -stride 1 -stype gro -s in.gro in.xtc

but it gives the following error:

dcdplugin) unrecognized DCD header:
dcdplugin) [0]: 1995 [1]: -1105264384
dcdplugin) [0]: 0x000007cb [1]: 0xbe1f0100
dcdplugin) read_dcdheader: corruption or unrecognized file structure
Error: could not open file 'in.xtc' for reading.

It apparently tries to open the xtc file as having a dcd format. Is there a
way to mention not only the initial structure file type (stype) but also
the trajectory file type? Or how to workaround this?

Thanks again for any help