From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 16:05:56 CDT

Ara,
  Ideally what would help would be a full file format specification,
but I do have a couple of .car files sent to me by Lubos. Normally
we want to have a full file format spec to work from when writing plugins,
otherwise we end up continually update a plugin when users discover new
files that don't work with plugins that were written by reverse-engineering
or anecdotal information on poorly documented file formats. If you've got
some info though, anything is better than what I've got now which is
zilch. :)