From: Jayendra Balasubramanian (balas002_at_bama.ua.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 13 2004 - 15:02:27 CDT

Hi,
   I wrote the xyz file as a concatenated set of xyz files like you
said with title lines and number of atoms emitted after each time
step, but vmd still does'nt read the number of frames. In fact if I
write it out as a continuous file with the title and number of atoms
written only at the beginning of the file vmd reads the number of
frames but it tries to draw bonds between all the atoms which results
in two things :

    1.The resulting image is very messy - I don't want the bonds
because the system is just a set of individual atoms.
    2.There is an error message in the command line window which says
maximum no. of bonds (8) exceeded.

     Any suggestions as to how I can make vmd read the xyz file as
just a set of atoms and show the trajectories by just letting the
atoms move in space after every time step?

Thanks,
Jayendra.