From: Mayne, Christopher G (cmayne2_at_illinois.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 04 2015 - 13:51:00 CST

Yue,

I don’t know for sure what the problem is; however, my best guess is that there is a problem how you assigned the charge groups (Charge Constraints box) and/or didn’t click the “Calculate from PSF” button. I have seen in very rare cases an optimized charge total that doesn’t exactly match computed the “optimized sim” from the Charge Constraints section, which is the purpose of the “Adjust Charge” box in the Results section.

HOWEVER,

I’m not really sure that you need to be doing parameterization at all, as hydroxybiphenyl is a very simple organic molecule that is well represented in the CGenFF.

Regards,
Christopher Mayne