From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 02 2015 - 18:17:31 CDT

Not exactly sure - but maybe you can try --

Selection 1:

pick waters within a distance of atoms of interest

Selection 2:

pick waters within a distance of other waters

Final selection:

Intersection of Selection 1 and selection 2 should give you your answer
(theoretically).

Selection 1 and 2 should be simple enough - for the intersect you can try
parsing index of selected waters in selection 1 vs that in selection 2 --
This would give you waters (w1) connected to the atom (a) and to other
waters (w2). For a complete bridge lookup (w2) in selection 1. If found you
now have a bridge ...

I am not sure if a direct selection can be made or not - but I am sure the
above method would be quick to script -- however it maybe slower when
compared to a direct selection routine. However if you are doing this on a
single frame then it doesn't make a difference but if you are planning on
running it against a trajectory --- the above method might be significantly
slower - in which you might want to keep an eye for more replies against
this post.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.

Best,