From: Ern Seang Ong (Ern.Ong_at_student.adfa.edu.au)
Date: Tue Sep 01 2015 - 17:49:45 CDT

Dear VMD users,
I have a problem that I have tried to figure out for quite some time but I still can't find a solution for it. The problem is an APPCRASH issue when I try to load a big trajectory file (.dcd) into VMD. I don't face any problem when loading a smaller trajectory file with 1GB++ size. The problem occurs when I try to load a >2GB trajectory file. I'm using VMD 1.9.2 Windows OpenGL. There is a big physical memory in my computer, so this is not due to the memory issue. I wonder whether it is due to the internal setting in VMD, which prohibits files larger than 2GB.

Really looking forward to solve this problem. Any help is welcome.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Ernest
UNSW AUSTRALIA
UNSW CANBERRA AT THE AUSTRALIAN DEFENCE FORCE ACADEMY
PO Box 7916, CANBERRA BC 2610, Australia
Web: http://unsw.adfa.edu.au

CRICOS Provider no. 00098G

This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and are not necessarily the views of UNSW.