From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 05 2004 - 14:11:45 CDT

Hi,
  Try using something like this (replacing the upper left 3x3 matrix elements
as appropriate of course):

set sel [atomselect top "all"]
$sel move {{1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0}
           {0.0 1.0 0.0 0.0}
           {0.0 0.0 1.0 0.0}
           {0.0 0.0 0.0 1.0}}
$sel writepdb /tmp/myfile.pdb

While it would be great to automatically parse PDB files and read
these transformation matrices in a script, as far as I know there is
not standard method of storing them. The transformation matrices
are just included in the comments section of the file and don't have
any guaranteed formatting or ordering to my knowledge. If someone knows
otherwise however, and they can supply a spec, it would be fairly simple
to write a Tcl script that does this automatically if formatting is
known and guaranteeably consistent.

Thanks,