From: Ash Johnson (ash__johnson_at_outlook.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 2015 - 19:29:31 CDT

Hello,

I am writing a TCL script that involves merging two structures. When there are no conflicting segment names, I can use

::MergeStructs::mergeMolecules {file1.psf file1.pdb} {file2.psf file2.pdb} output

to merge them. However, I would like to merge two nearly-identical sections of membrane (generated with the membrane builder) that are translated away from each other. When using the GUI for MergeStructs, it recognizes the conflict and allows me to add a prefix for the segments, but currently those functions are not called in mergeMolecules. What is the best way to go about implementing this in my script?

Thanks,
Ash