From: Jessica Sarver (sarver383_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 05 2015 - 14:11:16 CDT

I am trying to manipulate the helical tilt angles of a pentameric
transporter to model an "open" and "closed" conformation of the transporter
(playing roughly with the structure to compare to experimental distance
constraints). I know I need to use a transformation to do this, but I do
not know where to start. I essentially want to define an axis
perpendicular to the helix and tilt about that angle so the tops of the
helices will tilt further away from each other to resemble the "open"
conformation. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jessica